Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kelly's family

I called this good family right after Thanksgiving to check in on them as I was the chaplain who helped them when their mom age 39 died at IMC in September from a long 2 year  battle with cancer.  I stopped in to see them at their small two bedrrom apartment were the two youngest sleep in the front room on a kids bed and couch.  I was amazed at their faith and how they were trying to do their best.  Kelly was out of work trying to take care of the three kids by himself.  The 11 year old girl, Anna, said that Christmas was going to be hard.   She told me how her mother had always made Christmas so special.  As we talked about her feelings she went and got her jewelry box her mom gave to her.  For her treasures inside she had pine needles from Christmas trees from the past.  I got my family involved and two chaplain friends involved and we helped this family have a nice Christmas month.  It was so wonderful to have everyone help out with giving what they could.  I will never forget Sadie smiling helping wrap the lights around the tree we went and got for this family.  It made for a special Christmas to remember.  We all felt great helping and making new friends with this family.






No comments:

Post a Comment